Hrant Dink will be commemorated in Turkey and abroad on the 9th anniversary of his death.
- On January 19, starting from 14.30, Hrant Dink will be commemorated in front of the former building of Agos, where he was murdered.
- AKA-DER, DİSK BASINİŞ, Halkevleri, HDP İstanbul, Kaldıraç, Nor Zartonk, Yeniyol and ÖDP will march to Agos from Taksim on January 19, at 13.30. There will be a “justice watch” between 19.00 and 21.00 on the sidewalk where he was murdered.
- On January 18 at 18.30, DSİP will hold a meeting titled as “From Hrant Dink to Tahir Elçi”.
- On January 19 at 15.00, there will be a ceremony in front of Human Rights Statue in Yüksel Street. At 18.00, democratic mass organizations will make a statement to the press.
- On January 19 at 19.00, people will march to Heykel from Setbaşı Mahfel.
On January 19, Hrant Dink will be commemorated with a march in Armenian capital Yerevan.
There is also a petition campaign in Armenia in memory of Hrant Dink. During the commemoration ceremony, people will sign a petition for naming a street in Yerevan after Hrant Dink.
The commemoration notice reads: “Our society shouldn’t forget the crime committed against Hrant. In order to embalm Hrant, naming a street in Yerevan after him is really important for us. We are all Hrant and this is our duty of loyalty to him.”
Armenians are invited to attend the petition campaign at 17.00 and the march following it.
- On January 19 at 18.00, there will be marching in Kottbusser Tor in Kreuzberg in memory of Hrant Dink.
- There will be a concert in memory of Hrant Dink in Studio R in Berlin. Muammer Ketencoğlu, Stepan Gantralyan, Mareike Beykirch, Mehmet Yılmaz and Deniz Utlu will perform Armenian songs. The concert will start at 20.30.
- Hrant Dink will also be commemorated in Swedish capital Stockholm. In ABF House, there will be a memorial ceremony at 18.00.
- On January 24, ‘Voices in Dialogue” will commemorate Hrant Dink and Tahir Elçi in Ottawa. It will be start at 14.00.
- On February 6, L’ACORT, CRC, AEC-HCA and RSF will hold a joint event in memory of Hrant Dink. The meeting that is titled as “Being a journalist in Turkey: the value of truth” will be held in the City Hall of 10th arrondissement. The meeting will start at 19.00 and Rakel Dink, Can Dündar’s wife Dilek Dündar and Uğur Mumcu’s son Özgür Mumcu will attend this meeting.