According to Armenian Ministry of Diaspora, 18.000 Syrian Armenians have been given Armenian citizenship in 2016.
of Diaspora held a year-end press conference and provided information
about the condition of Syrian migrants settling in Armenia.
Minister of Diaspora Hranush Hakobyan stated that 18.000 Syrian Armenians have been given Armenian citizenship in 2016 and 1800 received residence permit.
According to the statement published in Armenpress, the minister's office declared that “the issues of education, culture and social integration of Syrian migrants are resolved in this year.”
Hakobyan also stated that accommodation issues are solved as well and the need for shelter of all migrants are met.
It is also stated that 70% of the tuition fees of 436 Syrian students were paid by Armenian government. NGOs like AGBU, Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation and Fund for Armenian Relief paid the remaining 30% for 25 disadvantaged students.